By Eva Kalavri
Which product is not missing from our summer skin care routine??? Sunscreen of course!
Recently, I fell victim to the harmful midday solar radiation and suffered something like the tan of the “taxi driver” (=only sleeves)! I could call it “crocs tan”, as my soles turned black and white – striped! It was the only spot where I hadn’t applied sunscreen!
The “side effects” of sunbathing, which is not so much a “treatment” after all, are many and we know them:
Burns, scars, irritations, dehydration, peeling, premature aging, wrinkles. In fact, it is a misconception that those with darker skin are more protected. Gone are the days when we melted for hours smeared with baby oil! Really, how did we do that? It now seems inconceivable to me!
Protecting our skin from the sun is an absolute necessary process before we leave the house, especially during the summer months. And while sunscreen was once only for the beach, now most of us use it all year round, while more and more care and make-up products (creams, make-up) have an SPF (Sun Protection Factor).
Let’s share some simple and well-known tips to enjoy the sun this summer and on our holidays, safely!
- Avoid exposure, as much as possible, between 12:00 and 16:00.
- Choose new generation sunscreen products that block free radicals preventing premature aging.
- No matter how high quality and expensive sunscreen we buy, we must follow the rules of its application, for the best possible result. Apply before sun exposure and renew every two hours, plus after bathing, sweating and wiping with a towel.
- We strengthen our protection by wearing a hat and sunglasses.
- We take care of the daily adequate hydration of our body as a whole by drinking lots of water and applying moisturizing products to our skin.
- Consume foods rich in antioxidants (citrus, green leafy vegetables, watermelon, olive oil, forest fruits).
- We cleanse our skin by regularly scrubbing – exfoliating, removing dead cells.
I’m sure you know and have heard all this before! However, on the altar of the ‘so much wanted tan’ every summer we sacrifice something with perhaps disastrous long-term consequences!
This year we remember:
The color of summer is that of naturally tanned and healthy skin! Because we can have both!
Don’t miss our new sunscreen moisturizing face cream that leaves no trace of greasiness:
Stay with A2SK Beauty & Home to learn more!